Monday, July 28, 2014

The Fifth Jinan International Photography Biennial to be Conducted in November 2014

Jinan, which is the capital city of Shandong Province in China, appears to be an important place for photography.  Beginning November 1, 2014, the Fifth Jinan International Photography Biennial will be held in Jinan.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a reference as to where the event will be held.  If anyone does know the specific location, please inform me.


Update - 2014/10/27:  Chunyang Zhang, who lives in Jinan, informed me in the comments section below this article that the biennial will be held at Shandong University of Art and Design.  Thank you very much for sharing this information!  This is what she wrote:

"It will be held at Shandong University of Art & Design, in Chinese 山东工艺美院..."


Photography submissions are being accepted until September 20, 2014.  There is an academic theme, and there is an exhibition theme, though I'll have you read all about it for yourself.

To learn about the biennial, to read how submit images for the photo competitions, and to find out who is involved in this, please visit the English language website here.

To access the main website that is written in Chinese, please click this link.  There is an "English" button at the top of the page; however, it didn't work for me.  If it works for you, please let me know.

At the first website I shared, there is a brief mention about Shandong Province being the birthplace of pinhole imaging.  I did a bit of research about that claim, and I found an interesting article written by Jon Grepstad about the history of pinhole imaging and pinhole photography.  His article can be read at photo.net located here.

I'll see you there!


4 comments:

  1. It will be held at Shandong University of Art & Design, in Chinese 山东工艺美院. Hope this will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chunyang, thank you very much for sharing this information. It is very helpful to know this. Thank you for your kindness.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Michael. You are most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to visit. I enjoy looking at your photography!

      Delete