Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Zach Rensberger -- Nagoya to Nagasaki for a Better World

I had the good fortune to meet Zach Rensberger in Suncheon, which is a city in the southern part of South Korea, when we both happened to be living and working there at the same time.  We even exhibited together as part of a Gwangju Artist Collective group show at the Jami Gallery in Gwangju-si, Jeollanam-do, South Korea.

Zach has since moved to live and work in Japan, and he made me aware of a project that he is starting there.  He is a cycling enthusiast, to say the least, and his project involves a 1,000 kilometer bike tour for a cause.  This is part of his project statement:

"Like many people, I always wish I could be better or wish I could do more. When I first decided to do a long-distance cycling trip I just wanted to test myself. I thought it would be a chance to see what I am really capable of, and of course it would be a great experience as well! Then I thought that this would be a great chance for me to do more! I decided to use this journey as a way to spread the word about a cause that’s important to me. And because I’m totally convinced that creating a better world for our children is the best thing we can do, I wanted to advocate an amazing organization that helps and supports children! Save the Children is an independent organization that strives to better the lives of children all over the world, including Japan!

So as I am about to embark on this adventure across western Japan, I ask you to please visit the Save the Children website and donate! Your donation, whatever amount, will be a chance for you too to do something more, to make an impact and make the future a better place!"

To read more about Zach's project in fine detail, please visit the Common Road site here.  I believe you will be impressed, too.

Why am I promoting Zach and his project?  Because the catastrophe at the Fukushima nuclear plant that was destroyed by the tsunami in 2011 continues today as it will for years to come.  Read a recent Reuters news article about it here
 
Good luck, Zach!



No comments:

Post a Comment