Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Bird's Nest - Photo For the Day

One recent weekend found me walking near Waon Beach, which is near the city of Suncheon in Jeollanam-do.  As is almost always the case, my wife and I were the only people in the area.  Regardless, I felt it necessary to take a short detour to answer the call of nature.

As I took in my new surroundings, I saw this bird nest:

A Bird's Nest Near Waon
© 2013 Mark Eaton


I wasn't aware of any birds nearby, plus I didn't venture any closer to the nest once I saw the structure.  It was a small nest, smaller than my clenched fist.  Also, it was at about the level of my chin, hence I could not see if there were any eggs in the nest or not.

Does anyone know which species of bird might have built this nest?






No comments:

Post a Comment