Friday, July 20, 2012

Water and the Sea

I am fortunate to live in the peninsular country of South Korea, because the ocean can be accessed easily.  I am fortunate to live in the southern region of the country that isn't overly crowded that has some wonderful areas to photograph water and the sea.

I have an ongoing project called, Water and the Sea.  Within this project are submissions that support this theme and vision.  I have updated Water and the Sea with Ardea, Grus, Egretta, Et Alia.  AGE shows the various species of migratory waterfowl and shorebirds that use the waterways, bays, reservoirs, and seas during their journey.  The different seasons of the year brings different species of birds.


 Feeding
© Mark Eaton

This specific submission of AGE contains many images of birds in flight.  The flapping and bounding of these majestic and beautiful creatures near the surface of the water at a low aperture setting combined with a slow shutter speed created interesting shapes and designs.  Well, interesting to me anyway.


Flight Path
© Mark Eaton

I compose my photographs knowing the large prints are best to see the details of what I think is important to perceive.  Flight Path above and Heron Flying Near Shore below are examples of the importance of printing large.  The subtle design and important details are missed with smaller sized prints.  I imagine the details are almost completely lost on the small screen of a mobile device.


Heron Flying Near Shore
© Mark Eaton


This is the link to my website to access the fine art photographs submitted for this project:  Water and the Sea


No comments:

Post a Comment